Muhammad Nawaz is a Pakistani Cricketer who plays mainly for Quetta Gladiators and Pakistan’s National Team. He bats with the left hand and bowls slow orthodox deliveries; he is best regarded as Full-time Bowling All Rounder.
Nawaz’s Early Life
Cricketer Mohammed Nawaz was born and raised in Rawalpindi on 21 March 1994. Currently, his age is 27. Before coming towards mainstream Cricket, he was studying in F. G. Boys School of Rawalpindi, but he left the school and started playing Professional Cricket.
Muhammad Nawaz’s Career
Nawaz started his career in 2010 when he started playing for Rawalpindi Rams in Domestic Cricket. After several years’ struggle, he was opted by Quetta Gladiators in the very first edition of the Pakistan Super League. His Performace as an All-Rounder was Exceptional, and he stood forth in taking the most number of wickets in a tournament with nine wickets. His performance earned him a selection in Pasktian Team’s Squad for the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup. In 2018, Mohammed Nawaz was awarded Central Contract from Pakistan Cricket Board. Nawaz captained the Northern Cricket team in the 2020’s Pakistan Cup and the team secured 3rd spot on the Points Table.
Nawaz is regularly playing different leagues, he has played Global T20 Canada Cup, Bangladesh Premier League, and Mzansi Super League.
Muhammad Nawaz’s Batting Stats
In ODIs, Muhammad Nawaz played 16 ODIs and scored 203 runs with an average of 20.30. Nawaz took 20 wickets in 16 matches with a Bowling average of 32.04. Nawaz is a specialist in the T20s; he got 24 wickets in 20 matches with an average of 27.20. Nawaz also played three test matches, took five wickets, and scored 50 runs with an average of 29.40 and 12.50.
Mohammed Nawaz’s teams
- Pakistan’s National team
- In First-Class Cricket & Domestic Cricket, Nawaz played for the National Bank of Pakistan, Baluchistan, and Rawalpindi Rams.
- M. Nawaz played for Pakistan A, Pakistan Under-15s, 19s and 23s
- Nawaz is a Regular Member of Quetta Gladiators, a franchise of PSL. He and Sarfraz are the two players who played the most matches from a single team.
- He represented Rajshahi Royals and Sylhet Sixers in Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
- Edmonton Royals called Muhammad Nawaz for Global T20 Canada League 2019.
In September 2021, Mohammad Nawaz is selected in Pakistan’s T20 Squad for the 2021 Twenty20 Cricket World Cup. Soon after his selection, he was diagnosed with COVID-19. His Selection in T20 World Cup is now subjected to his health conditions.