A surge in COVID Cases in Twin Cities resulted in the closure of 10 more Educational Institutes, and the Increased COVID Positivity rate in Pakistan is frightening for Educational Institutes. Currently, the COVID Positivity rate in Pakistan is over 12%.
In Islamabad & Rawalpindi, COVID Infection Rate is increasing vigorously. An increased COVID Rate in Federal Capital and Garrison City alarmed the District & Federal Capital Health Authorities. Many COVID-infected cases are reported from the Educational Institutes of Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Cases of COVID-19 & Omicron are reported from PMAS Arid Agriculture University, Fatima Jinnah Women University, International Islamic University, and Quaid e Azam University. HEC and the Ministry of Education will decide the closure or shifting of Physical Classes to Online Mode, but HEC is completely silent over this issue.
On the other hand, District Health Officer Dr. Zaeem Zai visited different Colleges and Schools in Islamabad Territory and ordered several Schools & Colleges to pause the Physical Classes. Following SChools and Colleges are directed to stop their Phycail activities for now onwards;
- Islamabad Model College for Boys Chak shehzad
- Islamabad Model School for Girls Kurri
- Islamabad Model School G-6/4
- Islamabad Model School for Boys Bhara Kahu
- Islamabad Model School for Girls I-8/1
- Islamabad Model School for Girsl G-11/1
- Islamabad Model School for Girls G-8/2
- Islamabad Model School for Girls G-6/1-3
- Islamabad Model School for Girls Dana Pind Begwal
- Islamabad Model School for Boys Chattar
Cases have emerged from Different Varsities in Capital and Rawalpindi like PMAS Arid Agriculture University, International Islamic University, and QAU, but Universities are operating under Higher Education Commission, so They have to wait for HEC’s Decision.
Track Daily COVID-19 Rates & Vaccination Stats in Pakistan here