After Shortlisting several Cricketers in Different Categories, PCB has announced the winners of PCB Awards 2021 in a Virtual Press Conference. Panel to decide winners of PCB Awards was comprised of Rashid Latif (Ex-Captain & Wicket-Keeper), Marina Iqbal (Ex Cricketer & Journalist), Tariq Saeed (Urdu Commentator, Journalist & Cricket Expert), Mazher Arshad (Cricket Expert & Statistician), and following Sports Journalist were in the Jury:
- Majid Bhatti (Daily Jang’s Newspaper)
- Mohammad Yaqoob (Daily Dawn)
- Mohi Shah (The News)
- Rizwan Ali
- Shahid Hashmi (ARY)
- Sohail Imran (GEO News)
PCB Awards Winners 2021
Following Cricketers won PCB Awards 2021 in mentioned Categories:
- T20I Cricketer of the Year – Muhammad Rizwan
- ODI Cricketer of the Year – Babar Azam
- Test Cricketer of the Year – Hassan Ali
- Domestic Cricketer of the Year – Sahibzada Farhan
- Emerging Cricketer of the Year – Muhammad Waseem Junior
- Women’s Cricketer of the Year – Nida Dar
- Impactful Performance of the Year – Shaheen Shah Afridi’s 3/31 against India in Dubai Cricket Stadium
- Most Valuable Cricketer of the Year – Muhammad Rizwan
According to the results announced by PCB’s Panel, Muhammad Rizwan won Two Awards, and Babar Azam, Shaheen Shah Afridi, and Hassan Ali also received Awards in one category each. Rizwan expressed his happiness over receiving awards of Most Valuable Cricketer and T20 Cricketer of the year. Muhammad Rizwan is also nominated by ICC in the Category of T20 Cricketer of the year & Sir Gary Sober Awards, where you can vote for him at: https://www.icc-cricket.com/awards/icc-awards-2021.
Sahibzada Farhan won the Domestic Cricketer of the Year Award and beat Strong Contestant Iftikhar Ahmed. In the Category of Emerging Cricketers, Muhammad Waseen Jr. surprisingly won the Award. Spirit of Cricket is awarded to Pakistan’s Squad to visit Namibia’s Dressing Room after winning against them.
Women Cricketer of the year 2021 award is given to Nida Dar for her superb performance in all International Cricket formats throughout the year.